Friday, June 22, 2012

Prince William Sound

You pickin' me up?  How copy, over?

It's that time of year to go to Prince William Sound.  It has been several years since I fished in the Sound, it is good to be back.  The weather is sunny, the water is calmer and it's simply beautiful over here.  It smells different, too.  That was the first thing I noticed when I stepped out on deck to throw the buoy over for the first set.  The water smells different than the Flats, more bitter or something.  Maybe its all the jelly fish, who knows?

Anyway, we are fishing over 120 hours a week now, the grind has begun.  We fish 48 hours on Mondays then 72 hours on Thursdays.  We have about another month or so of this before fishing wanes.  I'll try to keep up with this blog, but can't promise anything.  Believe it or not, we can get internet out there where there is cell phone coverage, but it is s.l.o.w. And cell coverage is spotty and depends on where we fish.  So if I miss a week or so please forgive me and check back for new posts. 

They say a picture speaks 1000 words.  I'm so tired right now I can't even think of 1000 words so I'll just post some pics.  I hope you likey.  I'm out.

James fishing in the Sound

Yours truly kissing a BIG 9 lb sockeye

Curly, fisherman and sourdough pancake extraordinaire

double rainbow over Guido near midnight

tender Robert S near Mainbay

gillnetter in Coghill

No comments: