Thursday, October 29, 2009

Back to the Drawing Board

I'm still working on Fish Tales, but took a return trip back to the drawing board. Feeling directionless, I did some suggested reading to get some inspiration. I read Drinking the Rain, a memoir by Alix Kates Shulman, which I loved. Her descriptions are amazing. It gave me tons of ideas on how to describe some of my own stories, what to expand on, etc.

I'm currently reading Bird by Bird: Some Instruction on Writing and Life by Anne Lamott. It is also giving me some insight into the craft of writing. I think its important to gather gusto before starting. I mean, I had gusto at the beginning but it started to peter out. Now, I've re-gustoed. And I think just invented a new word. Ya see, you never know what the day will bring. So, with that, I'm off writing again! Here I go. I'm going to write now. This is me leaving to write. Signing off. Over. I'm out.

No comments: